Wednesday, July 29, 2009

hmm...

so i've had an important realization. i've been hoping and wishing and trying to be one of those etsy sellers that sells everything they list the minute it appears in their shop. but that is not how it works for me. my etsy shop seems to be for the purpose of making custom items ~ wedding bands, guitar picks, mommy necklaces, etc. while all of my one-of-a-kind pieces sell really well in the gallery. i think it is great to have a balance between the two. all of my etsy orders have a six week turnaround time (this doesn't seem to bother my customers, which always amazes me!). this allows me time to work on both custom orders and one-of-a-kind pieces.

i simply cannot keep the artisans gallery stocked. every time i go in, i say to myself, "goodness, the shelves are empty again???" it's also lovely because there i get to meet my customers. i seem to be amassing a small following in mancos and it's so wonderful. i met a woman yesterday who said she has bought several of my pieces and was so tickled to be actually meeting me; i felt like a little celebrity. she owns a liquor store there and she said many of her customers come in wearing my stuff and they always admire each others' stuff. another friend posted this to my facebook wall:

I completely forgot to tell you the other day - I was at a party and I complimented a girl on her earrings. She said they were from "Silver Sparrow Designs". Some other lady, who I've never met, overheard and said that she was familiar with and loved your jewelry. I told them you were a friend of mine and they said, "Really??" They couldn't stop praising your stuff. I told them I'd pass on the compliments :)

No comments: