Saturday, March 6, 2010

a day in durango

it is so great having my folks here! we had a lovely day today in durango. we walked on the river path; it was so warm and sunny. we walked around downtown and we went out to dinner.

(check out junebug's clever transport mode for her baby.)


it's sort of a tradition for my mom and i to color my hair when she's here. last night we did some reddish highlights. (or do you call them lowlights?)

and... mom and dad took the girls home so that glenn and i could stay in durango and go see alice in wonderland, the 3-d version.
it was lovely. it, of course, inspired a necklace that i can hardly wait to make! i will be in the shop for a couple of hours tomorrow, but probably won't get to create it yet.

i usually go out to the shop all day sunday, most of the day tuesday, wednesday night, and all day friday. last tuesday was glenn's personal day when we went to telluride, so i didn't get out to the shop then. wednesday night we went out with some friends to celebrate glenn's promotion so i didn't get out to the shop then. friday glenn had to work although he usually has fridays off, so i didn't get out to the shop then. tomorrow my parents are here, so i won't get out to the shop then (except to make a couple of orders). and tuesday, i am getting my tattoo (!!!!), so i won't get out to the shop then. i am going crazy! i really really NEED to get out there! soon....

their glasses are not quite as cool as glenn's and mine, but they do have pigtails.

3 comments:

traci said...

Wish I was there! Looks like you guys are having fun--love the pics! Can't wait to see your new creation. Love you!

susie said...

Looks like a wonderful day! Love the girls in their cute shades. I always make my mom help me color my hair - she does an excellent job :) I got some practice in today (soldering remains problematic, but I know the more I do the better it will get). Enjoy your evening.

kristi smith said...

susie, you are right about practice! but, again, please feel free to contact me with any questions. i have a few sneaky tricks up my sleeve that took me a loooong time to figure out...