Monday, May 10, 2010

rings and a few bracelets



here is what i have made over the past few days:

6 rings and 4 bracelets for moab, and 2 rings for the etsy shop

from left to right, aquamarine, chalcedony, prehnite with epidote, moonstone, labradorite, and red rutilated quartz

kayanite, aquamarine, solar quartz, and zebra jasper

and remember i was saying i wanted to make a "riverbank" ring?
from the riverbank, you can watch the river. see the current for what it is. watch the waves and the flow, without being caught up in it. the direction and the movement are so much more clear when you are not moving along with it.

crazy lace agate, smoky quartz, and a clear waterdrop of a rutilated quartz, surrounded by silver river stones of all kinds, with a river flowing on the right side

"take a look at your natural river. what are you? stop playing games with yourself. where's your river going? are you riding with it? or are you rowing against it? don't you see that there is no effort if you're riding with your river?" ~ carl frieseke

let it remind you to step outside of what is so for you and view it from a distance. is it working?

and, lastly, i made another "child of the universe" ring. this stone is as fabulous as the other!

6 comments:

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

Holy rings! I love them! The "child of the universe" ring is my favorite! Bracelets are very cool too!

traci said...

Wow Kris! You have been mighty busy these days. I love love love these pieces. Especially the bracelets-- I've never seen anything like them! Nice work, miss you!

Contrariwise said...

Wow, I'm impressed with all you've made. I can't imagine being able to make all that in a few days.

And your River Bank Ring is so creative - it's a miniature artwork!

Lisa-Maladylis said...

thanks so much for the CD ! sorry I didn't write sooner but I have a very sick child. I can't wait till I get a chance to listen to it. you have very nice cards and the labels are fantastic ! thanks again !!

6512 and growing said...

Love the rings! Maybe it's time for me to get a wedding ring...

Janell Armstrong said...

Excuse my language, but holy crap girl! You've been busy. It all looks fantastic! I need some productive time like that in the studio.

Thanks for the cd by the way - I'm loving it : )