Sunday, February 19, 2012

ice bloom and snow blossoms

about this time every year i start to get antsy for spring. i long for the days to be longer, and to feel the sun on my skin. in honor of it's impending arrival, today i made these:


it seems strange to be constructing flowers when this is what is happening outside my window. if spring ain't coming to me, i'll make a little spring myself.

the ice bloom necklace,
with rainbow moonstone

and five layers of handcrafted petals



(sorry about the creepy headless shot. i am growing my hair out for the first time in 11 years and it's a bit of a mess.)

the snow blossom earrings,
with gorgeous blue sapphires





when i finished photographing those, i went for an amazing sunset ski, which made me appreciate winter all over again, and hope that spring will wait just a bit after all...








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful jewelery and beautiful scenery! I wish I could go skiing with you!

kristi smith said...

well thanks, judyb! i'd love to ski with you too!