Friday, January 1, 2010

happy new year!

hello everyone! i hope you have had a fabulous holiday season. we sure have. i, of course, have a plethora of photos from christmas eve up until today.

the girls snuggling glenn


watching the (original) grinch


hazel is so very proud of her cookies.


santa came to our house. junebug was a bit scared.


hazel was not.


glenn looking clark griswald-ish at my parents house


this is the very old, amish doll that my grandmother made. hazel decided she needed a face... luckily my mother was able to see the humor in it.

so sweet


glenn and i went skiing several times in the state park near my parents' house. this place was my sanctuary in high school and it was delightful to return to it and share it with him.


these guys were there.




then, my dear glenn surprised me with an overnight visit to loveland, while the girls stayed with my parents! we had such a fun and relaxing time.


we visited the odell brewing co.'s tap room in ft. collins. they brew my very favorite beer.


we went to benson sculpture garden. it was amazing and so inspirational! these are just a few of my favorites.




i love art that emulates "women of size"

we had a very good visit with my parents; the girls always have such a great time with them.

june helping mimi bake


my beautiful mother with junebug. her hair is so lovely, just growing back!




and today we went for a wonderful ski back at home with the dogs.

happy new year everyone! i hope this is one is filled with everything you desire...

3 comments:

6512 and growing said...

Kristi - your mom looks strong and beautiful.
Your girls are gorgeous as usual.
And I'm glad you and Glenn got some time to yourselves; that may be the best present of all.

susie said...

Wishing you the best in the new year!

kristi smith said...

susie, i tried to leave a comment on your blog the other day, but for some reason i couldn't. i wanted to tell you i love the "she flies with her own wings" piece!

and thanks, rachel! my mom IS doing awesome and it WAS wonderful to have some time alone with glenn.