Tuesday, May 22, 2012

golden sparrow design!


i am very excited to announce the opening of my new etsy shop, golden sparrow design!  i all of a sudden began getting lots of requests for custom gold wedding rings, various widths, thicknesses, types of gold, etc. and i realized that gold rings were taking over my silver sparrow designs etsy shop.  that is not my intention for that shop; that shop is for my creative silver jewelry.  so, we now have golden sparrow designs.  i am very excited about it!

when i first started making silver "custom rustic wedding bands" people started asking me if i could recreate the same rustic, hammered look in white gold. i always told them no because i was afraid of "the other white metal".  however, after enough requests, i finally decided to give it a try. 


with a very trial and error process, i painstakingly learned the art of working with gold as opposed to silver. it is a very different experience. i did a lot of research and asked for a lot of help. eventually i started to get the hang of it and i now feel like i have mastered the skill. i never thought it would happen, but i now love working with gold as much as i love working with silver!   so, this new shop seemed like the obvious next step for me.  i hope that you will direct people there if they are getting married and looking for a ring.  some of my bands will remain in the silver sparrow shop for a while, but eventually they will all move over there.  i love the idea that i am making a piece of jewelry that symbolizes a couple's love for one another, and is a potential heirloom to be passed down for generations to come.  i am thrilled about my new shop.  please wish me the best of luck in my new endeavor!


(this also kind of explains my last post, with the gazillion explanations about gold...  that is linked in every listing in my new shop.)


p.s. both shops are having sales right now to celebrate!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for this informative post. Now you can use this b2b solutions directory to promote silver jewelry import & export business.

Unknown said...

thanks for this informative post. Now you can use this b2b solutions directory to promote silver jewelry import & export business.

Lisa-Maladylis said...

Nice Kristi. I've been working on some gold too. Different to play with but fun. I checked out the new shop and thought I'd let you know the links in the intro don't work. I get the stitch has gone awry note. you might want to check your links. Good luck on your new shop !