Thursday, June 17, 2010

au revoir (sort of)

so we leave tomorrow for our month-long cross country adventure. here is a breakdown:

1st stop: denver to visit my folks (and see our dear friends, greg and marcia)
2nd stop: a national park on the mississippi river about halfway between denver and cleveland to camp for the night
3rd stop: cleveland to visit my dear sweet sister, traci and meet her seven month-old son for the first time! (and she and i are going to see ezra furman together...)
4th stop: buffalo, new york to visit my 93 year-old grandmother
5th stop: stowe, vermont to visit my aunt kandy
6th stop: acadia national park, maine to camp on the coast for 4 days
7th stop: south jersey shore, to meet up with glenn's family. we will stay at a hotel on the beach for 4 days
8th stop: newton, new jersey to stay at glenn's folks house for about a week
9th "stop": lancaster, pennsylvania for a romantic overnight getaway for glenn and i to go see the felice brothers while the girls stay with glenn's parents!
10th stop: somewhere between newton and nashville
11th stop: nashville, tennessee, someplace glenn has always wanted to visit

after that, we don't really have a plan, except to camp a lot on the way back home...

sooooo, one very exciting thing i keep forgetting to tell you is that while we are gone, jim (please see story about jim at the bottom of this page) is going to "finish" my shop! he is going to pour concrete on the floor, finish the walls, put in "new" windows that actually open, put in a "new" woodstove that is much more suited to my shop and has all the correct parts, and even paint the walls! trevor and i spent the day taking my shop apart, which was quite sad. i don't know what i will do without being in my shop for a month. what will i do? i will come home to a brand new space and i am so very excited. that's what. and i can't wait to share it with you.

i have taken everything out of my etsy shop except for my custom wedding bands, which will have a 6-8 week turnaround time. when i get back, i will be making lots of new stuff, and will resume doing custom orders, but not too many. and, i think a guy that i met in moab, who is also a jeweler, is maybe going to take my spot at the carbondale show. i feel good about that.

i will be posting periodically while i am gone so that i can share my journey with you and i will miss you all. thank you so much again for all of your continued support!

3 comments:

Lisa-Maladylis said...

Oh wow, sounds like alot of fun ! and what a dream to go out for a while having fun and coming home to a new finished shop ! All silver smiths dream of such things. Mine was done last summer and still being touched up each month. Do they ever get to the point that you consider them finished ? have fun and wave as you go through NH. I'll wave back :-) Try not to fill the car with too many rocks lol

susie said...

Wishing you safe travels and a thousand new adventures with all of your family and friends along the way.

Some of my favorite cousins live just outside of Cleveland in Brunswick, Ohio. I love it up there on the lakes.

Take care, I can't wait to see all of the inspiration you gather up from here to there.

Anonymous said...

I hope you and your family have a wonderful trip! We're not traveling much this summer, so I'll travel vicariously through your photos.

And a bit late, but I want to mention that I love Trevor's ring. He seems like a natural.