Tuesday, June 1, 2010

what else? MOAB!

so here is how my displays looked, all set up...





and here i am, in the booth with my little helpers.

and here are some of my lovely customers (with others waiting to come in!)

it was a fantastic time! i met so many wonderful people, got some amazing feedback, learned SO much about doing shows, and made more than enough money to justify the trip and cover all costs. all in all, it was just perfect!

i at first had all of these big visions of selling everything and making tons of money. and then i had a great realization. i realized that i didn't want to sell everything and make a ton of money. because, you see, i have worked so so so very much in the last month, to get ready for this show. and i do not want to work that much in the next few weeks. i don't think i have told you that the family and i are taking an enormous road trip in about two weeks and will be gone for a month! we are driving from colorado to new jersey and back again, with all kinds of fabulous stops along the way. (more on that later) one week after we get back, i have my next show, the carbondale mountain fair. so, i do not want to spend the time i have up until we leave and the one week i have when we get back in my shop for every minute of every day. i want to spend it with my family, hiking and swimming and enjoying the summer.

so now i am all set. the gallery will be fully stocked for the time that i am gone and i will just need to do a bit of work between now and the carbondale show. yay!

we did have some time to explore the beauty of moab. we went to arches national park and it was spectacular! here are some photos:















i just want to say thank you one more time for all of your amazing support! you ladies are so great! i will be listing some of the pieces that did not sell in moab tomorrow!

5 comments:

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

So glad the show went well! And the photos of moab are spectacular! Can't wait to hear about your roadtrip...Colorado to NJ is a loooooong drive! :)

Teresa said...

Yippee! I'm so glad you had a good show! Enjoy your vacation!

susie said...

So glad the trip to Moab brought you joy - it looks amazing there! Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming Griswald cross country road trip. Looks like you guys are already busy building some wonderful memories so far this summer.

Jen Stewart said...

I saw your booth down in Moab and it was my favorite by far! I ran out of cash so I didn't buy anything from you but I'll be checking Etsy to see what you've got listed! Thanks for sharing your talents and handmade art! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to comment on this all week and say how pleased I am Moab went so well! What incredible country too, so wild and huge (I live in England, things are smaller here!), breathtaking!