Monday, January 10, 2011

feeling flowery...

for some reason lately i have been really wanting to make flowery pieces. it's not because spring will be here soon; there's still almost four months until there will be any blossoms around here. and it's not because i am impatient for it to get here; i am loving winter. (in fact today i realized that i have skied five out of the last six days.) maybe because valentine's day is coming and i think of flowers as being romantic... anyway, here are my new rings...

a "without darkness" ring,
with a gorgeous marquis faceted labradorite

and a trio of handmade silver flowers

you can't really see it, but the back says "without darkness nothing comes to birth, just as without light nothing flowers" (may sarton)


a new finger fleur,
with brown speckled artisan glass




and an orange one...




also, glenn was in the paper yesterday , in durango pulling the girls in the sled again. see it here


4 comments:

susie said...

Loved all of the labradorite pieces from the other day (one of my favorite stones also). Really enjoy all of the textures and shapes in the flowers (I'm off now now to get a better look at the orange centered one-love that color).

p.s. Such a small world, I heard Mumford & Sons on another blog, and I was going to send you a note because I thought you might like them, and here they are on your playlist:)
p.p.s. Love the pic of the hubby and the girls in the snow (we're supposed to finally get some here in St. Louis tonight) Take care.

Anonymous said...

I laid that page out, and when I got the photo proof, I said, hey, I know those Dolores folks! Great to see them out and about! TJ

Emily said...

Oh good, I'm glad you're in the mood to make flowery pieces so you'll be super inspired for my necklace :) As always you do amazing things with silver and stones! Love all three of those rings!

Nay said...

Too cute! I love flowers any time of year!