Saturday, January 29, 2011

metamorphosis

this is the "metamorphosis" necklace,
with what is perhaps my very favorite cab that teresa has ever made.

it somehow manages to look like a caterpillar and a butterfly wing at the same time. it holds the potential and the process and the outcome, all at once.

the colors and detail are amazing

"time does not change us, it just unfolds us"
~max frisch


and this here is a custom "bloom" necklace, made for the fantastic linda, with another one of teresa's amazing cabs.



a "pure as snow" ring,
with rainbow moonstone



it has such a beautiful, soft flash.

a "resolve" ring,
with a gorgeous rectangular rose cut labradorite

oh dear.



a prehnite stack
(incidentally, "re:stacks" is my favorite bon iver song.)



a custom labradorite stack for alice

just look at that flash!
and glenn and i had a fantastic ski date today.



afterwards, we went to telluride and had lunch. we stopped in this little shop, picaya, and the owner asked if they could carry some of my work there as well! i think it is a good fit. there are some VERY hoity toity shops in telluride, but this is not one of them. very exciting!

8 comments:

mamabeaks said...

OOooo, the metamorphosis IS a gorgeous one...... thank you so much for making my necklace, I love it!(i will be dreaming about it until it arrives, that's what happened with my last one, yes i had actual dreams of it!) Love all the rings that you made also.Looks like you had a wonderful day of skiing, and congrats on another place wanting your jewelry. Your jewels are awesome!

kristi smith said...

oh, linda, you are so sweet! i am glad you love it and i'll get it in the mail monday, priority for you, m'dear!

Lisa-Maladylis said...

how beautiful that stone is ! do you know what it is called ? I'm wearing the necklace you made me right now. I've been cabing some of my own stones this week and now have to set them. Hope they come out half as pretty as yours !

susie said...

You are definitely blooming and unfolding:) Every piece is so special, I'm really taken with the metamorphosis, the shapes and colors are so beautiful.

I always enjoy your skiing pictures, Missouri is pretty flat, and it we don't get a lot of snow. Congrats on getting your work in another venue, wishing a wonderful rest of the weekend.

nancycreations said...

Your jewelry is very wonderful, very clean and finished designs that are not fussy very classy.

Belinda Saville said...

I stumbled across your blog a few days ago and somehow forgot to leave a message telling how fabulous your work is! So it's a little belated, but I think your work is fabulous! :-D

It looks like you have been busy creating all of these beauties, I wish I were so prolific! I love the chunkiness of those rings. Inspiring work!

Belinda
-xo-

kristi smith said...

well belinda and nancy, i am so glad you are here, and thank you so much for your kind words about my work! it means the world to me.

Lisa-Maladylis said...

I will when I have enough to sell, right now I'm making them into necklaces as past as I cab them. The triangle lab. is half done as so is the other lab.