Friday, April 23, 2010

rectangular rings and wildwood flowers

today i made...

the "wildwood flower" necklace

june carter cash wrote the song. (if you were to ask glenn when i was not around where june's name came from, he would tell you june carter cash. it's not true. simply a coincidence.)

I'll twine with my mingles and waving black hair
With the roses so red and the lilies so fair
And the myrtles so bright with emerald dew
The pale and the leader and eyes look like blue

He told me he loved me and called me his flower
That blossomed for him all the brighter each hour
Though my heart is now breaking, he never shall know
That his name makes me tremble, my pale cheeks to glow

I'll sing and I'll dance and my laugh shall be gay
I'll charm every heart and the crowd I will away
I'll live you to see him regret the dark hour
When he won and neglected this frail wildwood flower

I'll think of him never, I'll be wild and gay
I'll cease this wild weeping, drive sorrow away
But I wake from my dreaming, my idol was clay
My visions of love have all vanished away

such a fabulous song about carrying on after lost love...


the "resolve" ring, with a stunning labradorite

both of the rings i made today contain stones that are so tall i actually had to make the bezels from scratch, out of silver sheet, because traditional bezels were not even close to being high enough!
this ring is to help you make a plan and stick to it. it is to fortify your resolve to make the changes you know you need to make in your life. you know you can do it. and you know that you are the only one who can. this is a strong and mighty ring, like your will.



another "evershine" ring, with a spectacular chalcedony druzy



and a "tres flores" necklace, reserved



of course, with all of my geeking out about my new camera, i failed to do my proper research. i took all of these photos with the camera on the wrong setting for uploading them to etsy. therefore, i will have to re-take them tomorrow and get them in the shop. (if, however, there's a piece here that you feel you can not live without, feel free to send me an etsy convo and i will reserve it for you.)

and, i challenge you to tell me (or show me) something cuter than isobel...




seriously....

No comments: